Monday, December 8, 2003

Upcoming Talks

I've updated my "Upcoming Talks" page with new conference talks in February
and March. In February, I'll be giving a tutorial at the Embedded World
Exhibition & Conference in Nürnberg, Germany. In March, I'll be giving
several talks at the Software Development Conference in Santa Clara,
California. One of those talks (the one on double-checked locking) is
based on new work that Andrei Alexandrescu and I have been doing. For
links to the details on all these talks, consult
http://www.aristeia.com/seminars_frames.html

Also, this is a final reminder that next Monday I'll be giving a full-day
seminar at OGI in Beaverton, Oregon, on making effective use of C++ in
embedded systems. If you're interested in how compilers treat different
language constructs, the ins and outs of avoiding code bloat (especially as
regards templates), how to effectively model memory-mapped IO, or how to
make sure you don't run into trouble by confusing units like miles/hour
with different units like kilometers/second, you might want to consider
attending, because these topics and more are on the docket. You'll find a
link to details on this talk at the same page I mentioned above.

I hope to see you at one or more of these talks. In the meantime,
Happy Holidays :-)

Scott

No comments: